Saturday, March 15, 2008

blooming

there's a magnolia tree with fat pink flowers just coming out in the front garden. spring is moving in, leaving its toothbrush next to the sink, and chasing my morning breath.
i'm plotting my Mediterranean adventure, and listening to Eddy Burke. oh Minneapolis let me rhapsodise about your musical curves some other time, i've got a perfect farm to find.
if i'd had more than 3 weeks to prepare for this trip (and spent that time either not being sick or depressed) if only if only. this may be more interesting though. sicily looks ripe.
my cousin is going to try and get me a job punting, which is a very lucrative tourist attraction. the river thames runs through cambridge, along the 'backs', which are the gorgeous, woodsey areas behind the colleges. tourists pay out to ride in simple wooden skiffs, navigated by someone (possibly me, hit the deck) with a 10 ft long pole, that they use to push off the bottom of the river.
spent the night with my cousins orlando and chrissy and my dad. it is FUCKING AWESOME to learn to get along with my dad, as a person. i am learning more and more that people who are hard to get along with are NOT an excuse to be self-righteous or bitchy or disrespectful..these folks are just the same- another chance to interact positively and learn what you can and be as awesome and present and open as possible. this also applies to the future and past selves. i used to shit talk myself and my past hijinks, trying to distance myself from it, but what a waste of this fleeting moment. take the one its hard to love and hold them gently..
Ladyfest in Cambridge tonight!
xoxo.

2 comments:

alix said...

I've quite everything. I no longer talk to anyone. I am holed up in a tiny cabin. That has an internet connection. And I have devoted my life, my entire, potentially important life, and liberty to commenting on your blog. Not Billy Idol's blog. Not Tipper Gore. Yours.

alix said...

As the following comment was rife with errors, and lies, I had to follow up. I enjoy your words and the black background on which they appear. You are a wonderful scout to have in a wonderful place. You can whisper sweet nothings about Cambridge with the megaphone of bloggage. Whahooo! I'm very glad you are "blogging" have a "blog" are a "blogger." And from now on my comments will not mention the forum on which your words are printed and only your words.